Wow. Okay, this is a fun one. Two–no three people nominated me for this today, well, yesterday, because it’s one o’clock in the morning here. I’d like to thank you all for extending me this honor: Deb, at Once Upon a Hot Flash, and Ish at Musings of a writer wanna be and Lloyd Ann Caston at Prayyior’s God Talk. Thank you. Thank you. Thank you.
These women have inspiring, humorous, and informative things to share with us on their blogs. We are so lucky they write!
Here are Deb’s 10 questions for me:
1. Why do you blog? I blog to write and improve my skill, to let folks know I’m capable of writing. Perhaps something I write will inspire someone to write or paint or give a hug to someone.
2. What is your favorite song? I have many favorite songs. Tumbling Tumbleweed by Sons of the Pioneers, Round and Round by Perry Como because it always makes me happy, Dolphins Lullaby by Firefall, and Ed Ames’ performance of the Impossible Dream, Lord You Reign by Philip Bailey, Dream On by Aerosmith, Neil Diamond singing Brother Love’s Traveling Salvation Show and Shilo, We Don’t Need Another Hero by Tina Turner, , Long and Winding Road by the Beatles, and Wilson Phillips singing Hold On, Joy by Apollo 100, (I enjoy trying to make my fingers fly that fast over the piano keyboard, these are just a few of my favorites. The list goes on and on.
3. If you could go anywhere in the world where would you go? I’d love to go to Ireland, Scotland, England, and Europe to visit castles. I’d love to visit Turkey and tour the faery chimneys and . . . oh, there’s so many places I’d like to go. Even if I could, one lifetime wouldn’t be enough to visit them all.
4. What is your favorite day of the week? I happen to enjoy Saturdays and Mondays. Saturdays are just something special and Mondays? I enjoy making them colorful.
5. What did you want to be when you grew up? I wanted to be an archeologist until I discovered they unearthed skeletons. I went through a spell of being frightened of skeletons. History, fossils, things like Pompeii fascinate me.
6. Morning person or night owl? Both. There is nothing like birdsong at pre-dawn. There’s nothing like a full moon shining upon a waterfall in the middle of the forest.
7. What is your motto in life? Keep on keeping on has worked so far.
8. Dog or cat or neither? Both.
9. Five adjectives that best describe you? Adventurous, cautious, silly, inquisitive, complicated.
10. What is your most favorite thing to do? Explore forest pathways, walk in streams, paint, write, sing, play with the grandkids, plant, and more . . .I’d never only just pick one of these things.
Here are Lloyd’s 10 questions for me:
1. Why do you write a blog? I began writing my blog to demonstrate I can write. There were people who wanted proof – – online proof of my writing ability. Really, I can write. Right?
2. Your Biggest Fan? Beats me. Maybe, probably my daughter.
3. Did you like doing this? Sure. I like to write—and read.
4. How much time did it take you? I did not look at a clock. I did it in between other things. I don’t know.
5. Your favorite sport? I like watching the Seahawks kick butt and absolutely love watching kids play sports, any sport, for their first time.
6. Do you like to cook? Sure I do.
7. If you had 24 hours to do anything you want, what would you do? I’d probably go for a hike and maybe camp out, have another adventure.
8. Have you taken a blogging class? No. I’ve only taken Writing 101.
9. Did you like it? Ah – – sure. . . . well, truthfully, not yet. Perhaps I will once I take a blogging class. Unless Writing 101 qualifies. If so, then I’ve enjoyed it.
10. Fox or CNN? I only peek at them online. Probably CNN.
11. Who do you want to win the Pres Election coming up? I know who I don’t want to win the election, but I’ll zip my lips on politics.
Here are Ish’s questions for me:
- How did you pick your blog’s name? I do a lot of editing for other people and try to edit my best on my own work, but, as every writer knows, editing our own work has its drawbacks, especially when we write so frequently. Scribbles to Compositions seemed to fit my blog. Readers help me out when they spot the things my eyeballs missed, and they give me great advice on what can make my posts better. I implement much of the advice I receive.
- What is the most delicious food you have ever eaten? Fresh seafood over a campfire.
- Which is your favorite book? The book of Isaiah within the Bible.
- What are three things you cannot live without? Food, water, and shelter. Of course, I used to teach outdoor education so, what else could I answer? 🙂
- Who is your favorite fictional character? I enjoy Sean Connery as the dragon in whatever movie that was, the Spaniard in Princess Bride, I also enjoy Darby O’Gill and Dirk Pitt and a host of others, including some hilariously funny female sleuths.
- What is your favorite quote and by who? “The fear of the LORD is the beginning of wisdom: and the knowledge of the holy is understanding.”–a quote by king Solomon, supposedly. What is so striking to me is that understanding equals knowledge. There is a reason for the hard knocks life throws at us. We gain understanding to help others. When I first read those words they really resonated within me.
- Describe yourself in three words. Learning, productive, and caring.
- What is your guiltiest pleasure? Milk chocolate.
- What single quality do you most appreciate in people? Honesty
- Which was the prompt you liked most in #writing101? See below.
- What’s your favorite post that you’ve written? (Link, please!)Day 5 Between the Lines
Here’s my list of nominees:
Geez, it’s looking like everyone already participated in the Liebster Award that I was thinking of nominating. I guess I got on this train kind of late. Anyway, I’ve enjoyed reading posts by each one of these nominees. Now I have to publish this and let all you nominees know you’re up!
Remember, I am a Life Story coach. Here are my 10 questions for those I nominate:
1. List 5 things you thought of to write about as you read through this blog post.
2. What was one of your parent’s favorite songs?
3. Do you like fruit pulp in your juice?
4. What do you think of when I say, “wooden spoon?”
5. Have you stood on top of a mountain and watched the sunrise?
6. Have you seen something unexplainable, like a UFO or Sasquatch?
7. Which sports team is your favorite?
8. Have you ever picked up a hitchhiker?
9. Which movie star would you want to portray you on the big screen?
To participate as a nominee:
Here are the Award rules to follow:
Once you are nominated, make a post thanking and linking the person who nominated you.
– Include the Liebster Award sticker in the post too.
– Nominate 10 other bloggers who you feel are worthy of this award. Let them know they have been nominated by commenting on one of their posts. You can also nominate the person who nominated you.
– Ensure all of these bloggers have less than 200 followers.
– Answer the ten questions asked to you by the person who nominated you, and make ten questions of your own for your nominees.
– Lastly, COPY these rules in the post.