Oh my gosh! I was just nominated for an award by Simply Marquessa! It’s called the Versatile award. Where are these awards found, anyways? I still have yet to discover their hiding place. Perhaps if I put on my old Nancy Drew Coat and hold up my magnifying glass when I search around WordPress, it will help.
To vie for this prestigious award, (I’m pressuming it’s prestigious, I’ve never heard of it before, but it does sound fitting, doesn’t it,) I’m required to do a few things:
1. Provide the link and name of the blogger who nominated you;
2. Share 7 facts about you; and
3. Nominate any number of fellow bloggers.
She said that if I happen to nominate you and “If you have already been nominated, you can take it as a compliment and pay it forward!”
Seven Facts About Myself
1. I’ve traveled from Kokomo Indiana to Twin Falls Idaho by car; to Washington D.C. to Fresno, California and back by train; from Washington D.C. to Montgomery, Alabama and back by I don’t remember; from Washington D.C. up through New York and into Canada and across country by car to Anchorage, Alaska; From Anchorage, Alaska to Twin Falls, Idaho by car, plane, and car; from Idaho to South Carolina by I don’t remember; from South Carolina to Oklahoma by car, from Oklahoma to Idaho and then to Washington State by car, and from Washington State to California and Idaho by car and plane numerous times.
2. I’ve attended 14 different schools. Geez louise, I just now counted them all up. That’s ridiculous but true. I don’t know how come I never counted them all up until now, just for you.
3. I am a confessing trespasser and am writing a book about it and some of those confessions – – ah-em – -stories – – will appear from time to time on my blog.
4. I’ve witnessed some VSTs (Very Strange Things,) which I might, at some point, write about on my blog.
5. My husband is related to the real life Ma and Pa Kettle. Yep. Truth is strange.
6. I / we lived for five-and-a-half years without power and had to haul in water when we first purchased out property. You want to know what it’s like to hear a cougar call in the dead of night sounding just like your neighbor screaming for help when you’re eight months pregnant traipsing outside in two feet of snow to use the outhouse, you can keep reading my blog, I might discuss that at some point.
7. Seven’s my lucky number. Mine. All mine.
Now, here are my nominees for this same award. This is sort of strange. What if I want to win . . . this is one of those “it’s not if you win or lose, but how you play the game” type of contests. I get it. 🙂 No, really, there are numerous blogs I’ve read, will read, and enjoy. I know some bloggers might tire of me telling them “Thank you for writing,” but I do mean it, and so I will remind you. I love to read.
1. Debra Strandberg In My Mind’s Eye (I love art and kids and so enjoy her blog.)
2. Pam Tanzany https://pamtanzey.wordpress.com/ (Another artist/writer)
3. AJ https://ajaperture.wordpress.com/2015/04/29/watching-words/ (Photographer/writer)
4. Simply Marquessa http://marquessamatthews.com/ (That teddy bear story is so memorable. There’s more but that one’s so precious.)
6. Lloyd Ann Caston http://prayyior.com/2015/04/28/does-america-stand-or-fall-your-choice/
Now I have to notify all of you. Be patient. I’m taking a break and will be back in a few to carry this out.
Thank you to Marquessa, again, for nominating me. Thank you to all who read my blog. Thank you again to all who write!
Will someone please tell me where these awards are coming from? I still don’t know where they originate. Are we supposed to think them up? Honestly, I’m new to WordPress and blogging and don’t have a clue.
So If I nominated you, and you don’t know either, tune in here. Perhaps someone will tell us in the comments below.
Okay, one of my wonderful nominees provided a link to Carly’s page about the Versatile blogging award. Click here. I’m reading through that right now, hoping I didn’t break any rules or anything.
WHOOPS! We are supposed to recommend 15 bloggers for this award. So stay tuned for more of my nominees. I’ll have do do this a little at a time over the next few days.
Every day I learn something new. Bear with me, please. I also need to notify my nominees that they, to, need to nominate 15 bloggers.